Monday, May 4, 2009

Best Friends: Lily and Grace

Lily's mom Tami was telling me during this session how she had taken a ton of pictures of her first born son when he was little.  She was shocked to discover recently how few pictures she had taken of Lily.  So, she decided it was Lily's turn to have a special session of her own.  Big brother was left at home.

Isn't that the way it is with our second born? I can remember feeding my first born homemade baby food.  My second born was fed out of a jar. Sure, it was mostly organic, but I always felt it was second best.  I shutter to think what I'd feed our third child if he/she ever came about. 

Life with two small children has a way of bringing our best intentions to a slow halt.  Tami reminded me how important it is to document each child's life.  Perhaps it's time for you to schedule a session for your younger child as well?  

Instead of her big brother, Lily was allowed to bring along her best friend to her photo session.  She and Grace just happened to be having their very first slumber party that night, so it was a super fun way to kick off their weekend together.  I can remember going along with my best friend on a photo session when I was growing up.  I still treasure those pictures - though I much prefer the post-braces me. 

I'd say we got some precious images of Lily and some very fun pictures of the two of them together.  Take a look!





There was some debate over the two painted chairs I had brought along. Lily LOVED the blue sunflower chair.  I, of course, preferred the pink one that coordinated better with her outfit.  So, we compromised.  We took a few pics with each.  This last one's for you, Lily!  I think it worked out just fine!


Does your child have a best friend?  Be sure to take pictures of the two of them together.  They'll treasure those pictures long after life takes them on their own separate journeys.

1 comment:

Kelly Wills said...

Awww..they truly will LOVE these forever! You did great capturing their relationship and some fantastic images of Lily for her momma!