Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Bell Tower Session

This past Saturday I had three sessions scheduled...AND it was raining. My May is completely booked and our family is going on vacation in June, so I was really hoping not to have to reschedule any of these sessions.    

With my fingers crossed, I headed out to the location to see if there were any dry areas where I could still hold the sessions.  There were, so I quickly contacted everyone to make sure they were still willing to come out.  Can you believe they were all up for it!  My clients are AWESOME!

As it turns out, my first client happened to be one of the key architechts on the building project located just south of the Croatian Village.  He offered up the very top of the Bell Tower for his family's session.  How could I say no?

108 steps later (and many regrets for not leaving my extra camera gear in the car) I found myself at the top of the loveliest structure I've seen in quite some time.  I felt very much like Rapunzel - minus the waist length hair.

Not only were we able to stay dry, but we were able to hold their session in the very work of his hands - his creation - his baby.  Though I wish the sky weren't as dismal and grey, the Bell Tower (still under construction) looks amazing!  I can't wait to see the finished product.

As for his other "creations", he and his wife should be very proud.  Their children are beautiful.

No comments: