Friday, December 5, 2008

Michael and Jackie

My grandmother had 40 grandchildren.  Other than my youngest brother Bryan, my cousin Michael is the last to be married.  After pursuing his doctorate degree he and his fiance Jackie are finally getting married in a couple weeks.  I'm so happy for them.

I had the pleasure of taking their engagement pictures while visiting my parent's home this past Thanksgiving.  Though they found each other a little later in life, it's really neat to see how perfect God's timing can be.  

I can't wait to go to their wedding!  From what Michael says, they're going to have a bon-fire of sorts at the reception.  Now, that will be something to see!  They are very much into all things outdoors (which is why our engagement picture setting was perfect for them).  

Jackie is having a local seamstress design her wedding dress.  It was important to her that she support her local economy.  That speaks volumes about her giving heart.  My mind is spinning trying to figure out what the dress will look like.  One thing is for certain, Jackie is going to be quite the stunning bride.  Together she and Michael will be such a handsome bride and groom.

Congratulations, you two!  I can't think of anyone more suited for you Michael!  Jackie's the best!  And, Jackie, everyone who sees these pictures just LOVES your hair!  I have to agree.  You are quite beautiful.

Enjoy!



My only regret on this last image is that I didn't see the distraction of the tree trunk growing out of Jackie's head.  Apparently, I was too busy trying to keep warm.  I included it anyway for a very special reason. Just take a look at the expression between the two of them.  The image doesn't do the moment justice.  When I witnessed Michael loving on Jackie like this (He seemed to melt into her, breathing her in.), I almost felt like I was intruding on a very private moment.  I'm glad I was there to capture it for them though.  

What I wouldn't give to have had this emotion captured between my husband and I in our engagement portraits.  I know this will be a special memory for them for years to come.  There will never be a doubt in Jackie's mind that Michael is completely enamored with her.  Now, that's a gift!

No comments: