Monday, November 17, 2008

On the Other Side of the Lens

I had the extreme pleasure of photographing my friend Kara and her family out at Frisco Heritage Park on Saturday.  She's a dear friend - and fellow photographer.  It was super windy and quite chilly too, but her boys were such good sports through it all.  What a great way to spend the morning.  

It was so nice to have Kara at the shoot.  I'm not used to having another professional on hand to bounce my ideas off.  And, she in turn bounced some of her own my way.  I especially love this particular idea of Kara's below:

We both noticed that the door to the lovely chapel was open and couldn't wait to see what was inside.  We gasped at how gorgeous it was!  The light was unbelievable!  Take a look.  Aren't Ean and Evan so handsome?  Their mom and dad are striking as well.


Speaking of weddings, I'm not sure if the Frisco Heritage Park rents this small chapel out for weddings, but if they do, give Kara a call. She'd love to photograph your special day.  Weddings are her specialty. This beautiful image below is one of my absolute favorites from Kara's portfolio.  It's stunning!  I want to cry every time I see it.  You can view the rest of Kara's portfolio by clicking on the link (her name) above.

Back to our session on Saturday:  Once we warmed up indoors it was time to take the session back out in the cold.  Here's some more fun images from their session.  I'm so thrilled with how they turned out.  

Enjoy!






1 comment:

Colleen said...

Oh, what a pretty picture of Kara!!!