Thursday, May 28, 2009

Fantastic Four - Soon to be Five

Bonnie and Homer have four beautiful children, one boy and three girls. I first met Bonnie at Bible study and have grown to love her vivacious spirit and positive outlook on life.  Bonnie ends all her emails with her trademark closing of "Superlove".   Not everyone can pull that off without sounding over-the-top, but it fits Bonnie to a tee.  After reading her emails I always end up feeling just that - super loved.

I've photographed Bonnie and Homer's family on four different occasions now.  From staged Easter Egg Hunts to Bathing Suit Bubble Baths Bonnie has had some of the most fun and creative ideas for their sessions.  I truly have the BEST time when I'm with them - it's a total HOOT! 

Before I show you my top picks from their latest session I thought I'd share one of my favorite images from my very first session with them. You may have seen this in the B&W gallery in my website.  This was taken at Hannah's newborn session just under two years ago.  

It doesn't get any better than this - a totally devoted Daddy loving on his newest baby girl!

That was Hannah then.  Here she is today.  Full of smiles and giggles!



Isn't she precious!

Hannah is soon to be a big sister herself.  Baby #5 will join the family later this summer.  You better believe Hannah's big brother Jesse is looking forward to finally having another boy in the house.  And, with all these fluffy skirts around, I'd say another little man in the house to rough and tumble with is the perfect fit for this growing family.  I can't wait to meet him!

Now, it may just be my wild imagination, but for some reason I think the rain brought the best out in these little ones.  This was the last of my three sessions in the rain from two Saturdays ago.  It was so fun to watch these four walking through the puddles and running through the mist.  I'm just loving the fantastic shots we got of these four beautiful, blonde-haired, blue-eyed blessings.

Here's Jesse.  You may recognize those famous blue eyes of his from the Children's gallery in my website.

After seeing some of Jesse's portraits, Bonnie admitted that she's a little sad to see how grown up he looks.  Kinda tugs on a mommy's heart to see your first baby all grown up.  I know.  My son just "graduated" preschool today.  (This second pose was Homer's idea.  He was going for a staring off in the distance look with the light shining in his eyes. Cool, huh?)

Here's sweet Abbi.  She looks more and more like her mother each time I see her.  

Playing peek-a-boo with Ella and her umbrella.  Hey, I'm a poet and don't even know it...

Thanks again, Bonnie and Homer!  What a fun session!

STAY TUNED FOR SOME FUN PHOTOSHOP ACTIONS FEATURING THE FANTASTIC FOUR IN THE NEXT COUPLE DAYS.  I'M EVEN GOING TO SHARE A LINK TO SOME FREE ACTION DOWNLOADS.  (I know.  I know.  It's been WAY too long since I've posted any "tips".  The wait is finally over.)

No comments: