Sunday, November 30, 2008

Sunset Sibling Session

Breah, Monica, and Frank Jr. are my second cousins.  I grabbed them after Thanksgiving dinner for an impromptu sunset photo session. There was this old, abandoned  - oh, let's say shed - I wanted to show them that I thought would be the perfect setting for some teen (and older) portrait shots.  I wasn't disappointed.

It was a race against the setting sun as we made the trek across town. (Darn those 35 mph speed limit signs.)  When we arrived at our location, I knew right away that we didn't have enough light.  And, though some would say I really should have set up the tripod, I opted for an ISO of 1600 instead so I could still hand-hold the camera.  (It's really hard to get those cool tilted angles with the camera mounted on my tripod.)

The result is this really cool, soft, textured look you see here.  Coupled with the warm, dramatic lighting (which cast some powerful shadows), the look is surprisingly very much to my liking - as are these three remarkable young people.





Thank you, Greg and Carolyn, for letting me steal your beautiful (inside and out) children for a short while.  And thank you for loving on my sweet little Alden all afternoon.  If what you say is true (that she reminds you of your Breah), then I can only hope she'll turn out to be as grounded, sweet, and beautiful as Breah is today - as all your children are for that matter.

No comments: