Saturday, October 11, 2008

Splish Splash

During a recent session with baby Kaci, I was thrilled to be present for her first bath.  Little Kaci came about three weeks early.  We had planned that I would be on hand to take pictures in the hospital after she was born, but since I was out of town I sadly missed out on that event.  Mom and Dad graciously agreed to leave her hospital bands on until I could get there to take pictures at home, so we still got a few great keepsake shots.

Watching Kaci's parents give her a bath brought back fond memories of my son's first bath.  We have it on video.  It really is quite hilarious. I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I had printed out a step-by-step guide from Martha Stewart's website on how to give your newborn a bath. Surely, you can imagine how the rest of that story played out.

All that to say, I remember how unprepared and ill-equipped my husband and I felt caring for our new precious little one.  Every touch was gentle and tender.  If you look closely, you will see this same new mommy and new daddy tenderness in the images below.  I love how baby Kaci is holding on to her mommy's hand...precious! And don't you just love the little legs sticking out of that enormous baby tub? Priceless.

One benefit to giving Kaci her bath at the kitchen sink was the gorgeous natural light pouring in from the kitchen window.  It was actually the best light in the whole house.  What a great start to her session - and she was squeaky clean to boot!




No comments: