Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Quiz Answers

If you haven't taken the quiz from the previous post yet, you may want to skip this post until you've come up with your own answers.  For those of you who were ambitious (or curious) enough to tackle the first quiz challenge, here are your answers:

1. b) f/2.8

This large opening allowed the light to splatter across the edges leaving a very small zone of focus.  As a result I was able to single out just one of the cake balls out of a platter of many.

2. a) f/22

A small aperture of f/22 insures that every detail from the brook in the foreground to the mountain caps in the background remains tack sharp. This is also referred to as a storytelling aperture - as it tells the beginning, the middle, and the ending of your image's story.

3. a) a slow shutter speed

Using a shutter speed of 0.3 seconds I was able to keep the camera's shutter open long enough to record an arc of light while the flashlight circled in front of the camera.  I used a tripod for this shot.

4. b) include the outline of the eye furthest from the camera in the image.

Doing this adds depth to your profile image and keeps the face from appearing flat and one-dimensional.

So, how did you do?  Are you ready to learn some more photography skills?  I hope so.  In case you haven't noticed, I have been posting a little more frequently than once a week.  So, check back often, and don't forget to share this blog address with your friends.

In my next post I plan to bring things down a notch or two.  I'll be discussing how to frame your images to gain maximum impact.  For now, thanks for checking in.  I'm having a wonderful time sharing my passion for photography with you.

No comments: